Monday, June 8, 2015

UNCANNY

AN ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN

[conceived and written on May 5, 2014]

By Helen Borel

[Prologue: This concept and its execution arose one day in my 
 mind <-still permeated by my 18 years as an Advertising Senior 
 Writer.  
 Although my Copywriting Career was primarily in Prescription 
 Pharmaceuticals and covered the gamut of medical, surgical and 
 psychiatric conditions and the drugs that treat them (and was why
 I'd, then, told people I worked on "Medicine Avenue"), always 
 I'd been a poet from 11 years of age and had a history of
 nonmedical published works...book review columns...and other 
 writings...short stories, essays, opinion pieces, drama, satire...
 which gives me the broad ability to invent advertising concepts
 outside the fields of medicine and pharmacology.  Ergo...Enjoy!]
                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Advertising concept and execution by copywriter Helen Borel for
XYZ Packaged Tuna Co., Inc. (fictional corporation)  5/5/2014

(headline)   UNCANNY

(pix: enticing portrait of XYZ Packaged Tuna...maybe a family
        enjoying eating it)

Introducing
REAL-TASTING TUNA

Now YOU CAN ENJOY THE PRISTINE FLAVOR
                   OF DELICIOUS FISH
FREE OF THAT GHASTLY METALLIC AFTERTASTE

(logo line) Farewell to the haunted tongue of your canned tuna past

[note also: my concept can be adapted to TV and radio commercials
 exploiting the idea of ghosts and eeriness before the "aah" of the
 packaged tuna taste disperses the "ghosts of metallic flavor"]

©  Copyright 2014, 2015 Helen Borel. All rights reserved.

Nota bene: I'm open to selling this original campaign to an ad agency
handling such a product and/or to the manufacturer of such a product.

For purchasing and permissions and rights, email me:
helenborel@earthlink.net

No comments:

Post a Comment